My greatest professional satisfaction is building and growing teams, while helping its members meet their own professional goals.
My philosophy of team management is simple
- Support: I firmly believe in seeing my team as both employees and people, and in giving them the support and flexibility they need to succeed both professionally and personally.
- Respect: I treat my employees with respect and consideration. If constructive criticism is needed, I give it without judgement, and with an eye only to helping that employee succeed. And I’m always looking for specific ways to praise my team when a job is well done.
- Conversation: I am constantly engaged in conversation with my team about their work. They always knows where they stand with me – if formal performance appraisals are required, my team is never surprised by what they hear, because they’ve heard it already.
I think it is because of this philosophy that I’ve remained close to most of the people I’ve supervised – and that is one of the things I’m most proud of professionally.
- Developed processes and procedures to aid content producers in their day to day jobs.
- Designed SharePoint job request queue, creating multiple forms and reports.
- Supervised web designers and analysts
- Trained new content production staff.